Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Tue February 5, 2013
State Finishes Probe Of Cleveland Police Shootings
State officials have completed their investigation of a Cleveland police chase that ended with 1 latino and 12 white officers firing 137 rounds, killing two African-Americans -- Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams.
The state says the two sustained a total of 47 gunshot wounds. Police officials have said no weapon was found in the vehicle that carried Williams and Russell. A Cleveland Police internal investigation continues. The police union says the shootings were justified because the driver tried to ram an officer. Community activist Donna Walker-Brown and Williams' Uncle Tony want results of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation's report turned over to federal authorities.