Most Active Stories
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Jeni's Reports Listeria Found In More Pints Of Ice Cream
Tue February 5, 2013
State Finishes Probe Of Cleveland Police Shootings
State officials have completed their investigation of a Cleveland police chase that ended with 1 latino and 12 white officers firing 137 rounds, killing two African-Americans -- Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams.
The state says the two sustained a total of 47 gunshot wounds. Police officials have said no weapon was found in the vehicle that carried Williams and Russell. A Cleveland Police internal investigation continues. The police union says the shootings were justified because the driver tried to ram an officer. Community activist Donna Walker-Brown and Williams' Uncle Tony want results of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation's report turned over to federal authorities.