Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed October 10, 2012
State Lawmaker Faces Corruption Charges
A state lawmaker has been indicted on 49 charges of theft in office, money laundering and corruption related to the use of his campaign funds.
Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien and Cincinnati-based FBI agent Edward Hanko today announced the charges against state Rep. Clayton Luckie. Hanko says the charges against the fourth-term Dayton Democrat resulted from Luckie's failure to list campaign expenditures since 2006.
Luckie also is accused of diverting about $130,000 from his campaign committee to his personal checking account, ATM withdrawals and similar transactions. His attorney says he will plead not guilty to the charges. Luckie has said he will finish out his term ending in December but isn't seeking re-election. Democrats currently hold 40 of 99 state House seats.