Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu February 6, 2014
State To Reimburse Pickaway County For Castro Autopsy
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections has agreed to reimburse Pickaway County taxpayers the 11 hundred dollar cost of the autopsy of Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro.
He committed suicide in a state lock-up in that county last September. Agency director Gary Mohr cites the "unique and extraordinary" circumstances. Castro's autopsy was conducted in Franklin County, but state law places the responsibility for the costs on the county where the death occurred.