Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu February 6, 2014
State To Reimburse Pickaway County For Castro Autopsy
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections has agreed to reimburse Pickaway County taxpayers the 11 hundred dollar cost of the autopsy of Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro.
He committed suicide in a state lock-up in that county last September. Agency director Gary Mohr cites the "unique and extraordinary" circumstances. Castro's autopsy was conducted in Franklin County, but state law places the responsibility for the costs on the county where the death occurred.