Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon December 16, 2013
State Senators Propose Lake Erie Caucus to Focus On Resources
A bipartisan group of Ohio lawmakers plans to make Lake Erie the focus of discussions next year.
State senators Randy Gardner, a Bowling Green Republican, and Capri Cafaro, A Democrat from Hubbard, says the Lake Erie Caucus will meet in Janaury to address state and federal policies related to the body of water. The group will look at ways to preserve the environmental health of the lake and to work on related economic growth and tourism issues. The senators will serve as co-chairs of the caucus, and they're reaching out to state legislators to join them. They also plan to seek input from state agencies, tourism groups, small businesses and others. Both say the lake is a significant asset and deserves more pointed state attention.