Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Mon December 16, 2013
State Senators Propose Lake Erie Caucus to Focus On Resources
A bipartisan group of Ohio lawmakers plans to make Lake Erie the focus of discussions next year.
State senators Randy Gardner, a Bowling Green Republican, and Capri Cafaro, A Democrat from Hubbard, says the Lake Erie Caucus will meet in Janaury to address state and federal policies related to the body of water. The group will look at ways to preserve the environmental health of the lake and to work on related economic growth and tourism issues. The senators will serve as co-chairs of the caucus, and they're reaching out to state legislators to join them. They also plan to seek input from state agencies, tourism groups, small businesses and others. Both say the lake is a significant asset and deserves more pointed state attention.