Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri September 27, 2013
Striking Custodians End Walkout
The union representing roughly one thousand Columbus custodians working in downtown office buildings says members have gone back to work after a one-day strike.
The Service Employees International Union says progress was made on reaching a new agreement with cleaning contractors. More negotiations are scheduled for Monday. The custodians are seeking better wages, affordable health care and full-time hours.