Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
Tue September 17, 2013
Study Shows Child Obesity Rates May Be Stabilizing
A new study by researchers in Australia shows some encouraging findings in the battle against childhood obesity.
Cleveland Clinic dietitian Tara Harwood says researchers found no significant change in Body Mass Index levels between 2006 and 2010, suggesting the obesity trend may be leveling off. She says the study shows more kids are eating healthier, watching less TV and may be starting to lose weight.
Findings of the study are posted in the online version of the journal "Pediatrics."