Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
All Songs Considered
Wed June 27, 2012
Summer Music Preview: Premieres From Cat Power, Avett Brothers, The Antlers And More
Originally published on Thu November 14, 2013 11:41 am
This week on All Songs Considered, hosts Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton offer sneak previews of some of the summer's most anticipated releases. The show opens with JEFF The Brotherhood's roll-down-the-windows jam, "Country Life," produced by Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys, followed by the new Spoon/Wolf Parade/New Bomb Turks supergroup Divine Fits and their effortlessly cool, "Would That Not Be Nice?".
English singer-songwriter Bill Fay returns with his first new album in 40 years, while Cat Power returns after a six-year hiatus with what may be her best album ever. A year after releasing a spectacular full-length record, The Antlers are back with a surprise EP of pure sonic bliss.
Later on the show, Bob and Robin are joined by resident hip-hop expert Frannie Kelley of The Record who selects, as Robin says, a "dope" track from Nas; and Patrick Jarenwattananon of A Blog Supreme picks jazz trumpeter (and coincidentally nephew of Nas collaborator and saxophonist Donald Harrison), Christian Scott.