Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri September 7, 2012
SUPCO Asked To Rule In Westerville Schools Ballot Dispute
A taxpayer group is asking the Ohio Supreme Court to allow its proposed repeal of the Westerville School district's 2009 levy to appear on the November ballot.
The move by a group called Taxpayers for Westerville Schools follows Tuesday's unanimous vote by the Franklin County Board of Elections that the repeal will not appear on the ballot. A Tea-Party-affliated organization called The 1851 Center for Constitutional Law represents the taxpayer group and spearheaded the repeal. The Center relied on a rarely used state law that subjects to repeal school issues that increase a tax's rate. Elections officials say the 2009 levy was a renewal that did not generate additional revenue.