Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu February 20, 2014
SUPCO Panel To Consider Suspension Of Athens County Sheriff
The Ohio Supreme Court says a panel of three retired judges will consider whether to suspend Athens County Sheriff Pat Kelly, who pleaded not guilty to 25 counts in a corruption case.
The commission has two weeks to make a preliminary recommendation about whether Kelly should be suspended. Kelly faces charges of improperly using public funds to buy meals and personal apparel, selling county property to a scrap yard, stealing copper wire from a county garage and failing to keep a cash book tracking money he received in an official capacity.