Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
Wed November 14, 2012
Tainted Steroids Maker Takes Fifth
State Health officials say there are now 16 fungal meningitis cases
linked to recalled steroid injections. The case involves a 55-year-old Kentucky woman who received an injection in Ohio. Officials previously removed one woman from the list because the case no longer met the Centers for Disease Control's definition of fungal meningitis. Nearly 440 people have been sickened in Ohio and several other states and 32 deaths have been reported. Meanwhile the owner and director of the specialty pharmacy tied to the outbreak has declined to testify before a congressional committee investigating the matter. Barry Cadden, co-founder of the New England Compounding Center, took the Fifth Amendment when questioned by lawmakers today.