Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri January 3, 2014
Tea Party Official To Challenge Governor Kasich
An Ohio tea party leader plans to challenge Governor John Kasich in the Republican primary.
Ted Stevenot, president of the Ohio Liberty Coalition, plans on making an official announcement next week. Tom Zawistowski, another tea party leader, says Stevenot has a wealth of statewide leadership experience. Zawistowski says Stevenot differs from Kasich on Medicaid expansion, Common Core education standards, and the plan to raise the severance tax on oil and gas companies to fund a state income tax cut. But Zawistowski says Stevenot's gubernatorial bid is about giving voters another option.
Brenda Mack, former president of the Ohio Black Republicans Association, will be Stevenot's running mate.