Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon February 11, 2013
Terhar Issues Formal Apology
The President of the Ohio Board of Education issued a public apology today, for re-posting a wrongly-attributed quote from Adolph Hitler on her personal Facebook page.
Debe Terhar had come under fire, after she used the quote to hint that gun controls like those being pushed by President Obama were what Hitler used to take power in Nazi Germany. Democrats demanded Terhar’s resignation. They didn’t get that at today’s meeting of the education board, but they did get her most public apology yet. As a few dozen of her critics looked on, Terhar told the board --- "I sincerely apologize and truly regret my hasty action.”
Democrats had filed a lawsuit, demanding release of any e-mails Terhar had written, since the controversy exploded a few weeks ago.