Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Around the Nation
Wed May 8, 2013
Texas Woman Says Bacon Is Key To Long Life
Originally published on Thu May 9, 2013 11:43 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Pearl Cantrell is 105. Naturally, her local TV station, KRBC in Texas, did a feature asking her the secret to longevity. Her answer: Bacon. I eat it every day, she said. Well, this caught the attention of Oscar Meyer.
(SOUNDBITE OF "OSCAR MEYER WEINER SONG")
UNIDENTIFIED GROUP: (singing) Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Meyer Weiner...
GREENE: The company called her an inspiration and brought its Weinermobile to town. One TV report showed Cantrell passing through town waving from the front seat, riding shot bun, as the reporter noted.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.