Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon October 21, 2013
These Cats Are Mules: Kitties Smuggle Goods Into Prisons
"Cat Caught Smuggling Contraband Into Brazilian Prison." Gothamist
"Cat Caught Smuggling Cell Phones Into Prison" (in Russia). The Moscow Times
"Cannabis Cat On Drugs Run Collared At Moldova Jail." BBC News
So, we've got reports of:
-- "Saws, drills, headset, memory card, cell phone, batteries and a phone charger" being" strapped to a cat in Brazil.
-- "Two cell phones with batteries and chargers" being taped to a cat's back in Russia.
-- And now, "bags of cannabis" concealed inside the "oversize decorative collar" worn by a cat in Moldova.
In each case, the felines were nabbed as they either climbed over or through fences. In Moldova, the cat had been "seen repeatedly entering and exiting a small hole in a prison fence," according to Gawker.
According to the reports, the cats aren't talking.