Most Active Stories
- Sheriff's Deputies: Athens County Teacher Takes Own Life
- Budget Provision Could Disenfranchise Out-of-State Students
- Legislature Insists On Wright Brothers Primacy In Flight
- Former Westerville Firefighter And Son Charged With Robbing Pharmacies
- Balanced Budget Amendment Definition Difficult To Pin Down
Tue September 3, 2013
Third Man Joins Petition To Recognize Same-Sex Marriage
Another person has joined a lawsuit filed in July to have same-sex marriages recognized in Ohio despite a statewide ban.
David Michener of Cincinnati is asking a federal judge to order his recently deceased husband be listed on his death certificate as married, with Michener listed as his spouse. Michener and William Ives got married in the state of Delaware on July 22nd and have three adopted children. Ives died unexpectedly of natural causes a week ago. Michener wants the order before Ives' scheduled Wednesday cremation. The lawsuit was filed by another gay Cincinnati couple who were married in Delaware and want their marriage recognized in Ohio.