Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu July 25, 2013
Three Defendants In Ashland Slavery Case Enter Pleas
Three people accused of enslaving a mentally disabled Ashland woman and her daughter and beating the woman and stealing her pain medication have pleaded not guilty.
Jodie Callahan, Jessica Hunt and Dezerah Silsby are charged with targeting and recruiting Shannon Eckley in 2010 and holding her and her daughter until October. The attorney for a fourth defendant, Daniel Brown, has said his client plans to plead guilty later. Callahan's mother has called the allegations lies.