Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu November 15, 2012
Titus Andronicus On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu November 15, 2012 3:53 pm
The New Jersey band Titus Andronicus doesn't shy away from big ideas: It's named for Shakespeare's first tragedy, and its last record (2010's The Monitor) is a concept album drawing on the history of the Civil War. The group's big, shambling rock 'n' roll doesn't mess around with the everyday, opting instead for life-and-death urgency.
Titus Andronicus just released a new album, Local Business — and the band has taken the title to heart, promoting it via a North American tour celebrating independently run institutions. In this World Cafe session, singer Patrick Stickles discusses the inspiration behind the record, and the group plays the new single "In a Big City" and other new songs.