Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue October 8, 2013
Trial In Woman's Death Begins In Muskingum County
Opening statements began this morning in the trial of a man charged with killing and burning a woman in Muskingum County.
34-year-old LaFonse Dixon has pleaded not guilty to murder, kidnapping and arson charges in the August 2012 death of 29-year-old Celeste Fronsman. The Canton woman had been raped and burned and was found along the side of a road with a rope around her neck. Prosecutors have declined to discuss a motive, but say they will seek the death penalty.Two women arrested with Dixon pleaded guilty to avoid the death penalty.