Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri May 31, 2013
Trustees Outline Steps For Gee
Ohio State University's top trustees say insensitive comments by the university president have embarrassed and divided the university.
The trustees say in a letter to president Gordon Gee that his comments risk diminishing the collective efforts of the university and of Gee's own good work. The March 11 letter was obtained today by The Associated Press. It lays out several steps Gee must take following the revelation of remarks he made last year jabbing Notre Dame, Roman Catholics and the Southeastern Conference. Those steps include issuing personal apologies and getting help from professionals to revisit Gee's personal communications and speechwriting processes. Trustee chairman Robert Schottenstein and trustee Alex Shumate, who led the search committee that hired Gee in 2007, also say Gee must reprioritize what speaking engagements he accepts.