Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri November 11, 2011
Turn It Up: 11-11-11 Is Here And Folks Are Overly Excited
Originally published on Fri November 11, 2011 8:00 am
There's so much that can be said about this day's date.
The arrival of Nov. 11, 2011, or 11-11-11, brings with it:
-- "Nigel Tufnel Day." Spinal Tap fans know: 11 is "one louder."
-- All Songs Considered's 11 songs you can turn up to 11.
-- "National Metal Day," because it's "the heaviest day of the century."
-- Word that Asians who think the day's lucky are getting married.
-- Preparations in Sin City (Las Vegas) for "an onslaught of weddings."
-- A celebration of corduroy, because the date resembles that ribbed fabric.
-- Closing of the largest Giza pyramid, to prevent any ceremonies there.
-- Stories about what it means. Hint: not much, but speculation's fun.
-- Ridiculous attempts by bloggers to shape posts to fit the numbers.