Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu March 13, 2014
Turnpike Crash Victims Identified
The State Highway Patrol has identified the three people killed and the trooper who was injured in Wednesday's chain-reaction crashes on the Ohio Turnpike.
Killed were 20-year-old Hannah Matheny of Parma, 42-year-old Grzegorz Piwowarczyk of Illinois and 66-year-old Janice Robb of Indiana. 29-year-old trooper Andrew Clouser is in the intensive care unit of a Toledo hospital. He was hurt when he was pinned between two vehicles on the snowy roadway. This trucker was caught in the stopped traffic and says the crashes could have been prevented.
The patrol says more than 40 vehicles were involved in the crashes, which remain under investigation.