Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri August 1, 2014
Turnpike Director To Lead Ohio Department Of Health
Ohio Governor John Kasich has tapped the state's turnpike commission director to lead the Department of Health.
Kasich says Rick Hodges, a former state lawmaker with experience as a health care manager, has proven management ability to lead the department. Kasich also named public health clinician Doctor Mary Applegate as the agency's interim medical director and said she'll support Hodges by focusing on medical issues. Kasich says Hodges successfully changed turnpike operations to cut costs and led a new bonding effort to help improve Ohio roads linking to the turnpike. The state's former health director, Doctor Ted Wymyslo, joined a trade association representing community health centers after stepping down in February.