Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu September 12, 2013
Union Appeals Fire Investigator's Suspension
The union representing a Columbus arson investigator is appealing the 80 hour suspension he served last month for ordering a motorist out of a car at gunpoint and putting him in handcuffs.
50-year-old Jeffrey Smith ordered 36-year-old Michael Watkins out of the car at Jack Gibbs Boulevard and Cleveland Avenue in January during what Fire Division officials call a road-rage incident. Watkins was sentenced to two months in jail while Smith was not criminally charged. The union wants an arbitrator to review the incident and overturn the suspension.