Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed November 21, 2012
Urban Meyer/Brady Hoke Era Of The Rivalry Begins
Saturday's game between Ohio State and Michigan at Ohio Stadium marks the 109th meeting between the two schools, and the first with Meyer and Hoke as head coaches.
Both coaches downplayed their roles in the game, saying it's about the players. Meyer says he's quite familiar with the rivalry.
Michigan has spoiled perfect seasons for Ohio State five times in the series. Asked whether Ohio State's undefeated season this year adds to the magnitude of the game, Hoke responded this way.
Hoke's Wolverines beat Ohio State 40-34 in his first time coaching in The Game, ending a six-year losing streak to the Buckeyes. This year's Michigan squad has scored 16 offensive touchdowns over the last three games - and the Wolverine defense ranks first in the nation against the pass. The Buckeyes have a strong ground game though, ranking ninth in the nation in rushing offense. The last unbeaten Ohio State team came under Jim Tressel in 2002. Ohio State will celebrate the ten-year anniversary of that championship team at the end of the first quarter of Saturday's game. Tressel and several former players are expected to attend.