Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon January 6, 2014
Water Main Break Ties Up Downtown Streets
A ruptured water in downtown Columbus is complicating already difficult conditions.
COTA buses were called in to help evacuate people from buildings in the area of North Fourth and East Gay streets after a 24-inch water main broke today. Frigid temperatures have caused some of the water to freeze, forcing the closure of several blocks. Police say the lower level of a parking garage at the southwest corner of the intersection was reportedly completely under water. They warn building collapse is also a possibility, although fire officials say the problem will eventually be alleviated if the water keeps flowing. The city hopes to have the main repaired early on Tuesday. The city is asking people in the area to boil their water as a precaution.