Most Active Stories
- State To Replace PARCC Tests With Those Of Research Institute
- Conservative Group Warns Of Wasteful Spending In State Budget
- Columbus Girl Confronts Anti-Gay Street Preacher
- Ohio Lawmakers Send Anti-Monopoly Measure To Fall Ballot
- Pfeiffer Says Redflex Contracts Reached, Amended Legally Under Municipal Codes
Tue October 22, 2013
WCBE Presents Terakaft Live From Studio A Fri. Oct. 25, 2013 @ 2PM!
Terakaft (which translates as “caravan” in the Tamashek/Tuareg dialect of their home base) are purveyors of “desert blues,” the hypnotic, trance-inducing, guitar-led music that has developed in the Tuareg culture of Mali and the Sahara desert over the past two decades. The cofounders of the pioneering desert blues group Tinariwen broke away to form Terakaft a few years ago. Their sound closely mirrors that of the older band, but this stripped down trio avoid “world music” cross-cultural collaborations and rely more on subtle effectiveness in building their infectious grooves.