The Membership Director helps listeners understand the importance of becoming donors to keep WCBE on the air. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Membership Director shapes, produces, and is responsible for listener-based fundraising – particularly our big Spring and Fall on-air fund drives, including the accompanying direct mail and e-mail campaigns, theme development, premium design and production, staff pitch guidance, and volunteer coordination. The Membership Director also develops other fundraising efforts; the more creative, the better! By year’s end, this position will have generated $800,000+ in revenue.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: One year of fundraising
MISC: Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
How You’ll Stand Out from the Rest:
- Conducted fundraising for a non-profit organization, if not a public broadcaster
- Proficient in using Raisers Edge/Blackbaud membership software
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Experience with direct mail and e-mail fundraising campaigns
- Ability to work independently, yet collaborate well with a team
- A deep love for public radio in general (and WCBE in particular!)
- Excellent sense of humor
Apply with the Columbus City School District. The District’s title for the position is “Underwriting Marketing Associate” (not Membership Director). You’ll find it under the Classified Civil Service Positions section by clicking here. Don’t wait too long; the application window closes September 25, 2015!