Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
Fri December 13, 2013
Weekend Ceremonies Will Honor Veterans
Ceremonies will be held Saturday at cemeteries in central Ohio and around the country to honor veterans.
Volunteers, vets and family members will place wreaths at the graves of more than 200 thousand veterans as part of the Wreaths Across America program, which began more than 20 years ago at Arlington National Cemetery. Lieutenant James Culwell with the Civil Air Patrol Columbus Senior Squadron says the project remembers those who have lost their lives as well as those who are currently serving.
Culwell says the holidays are an important time to express appreciation for vets.
Culwell will participate in ceremonies at the Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery on the West side. Local ceremonies will also be held at Sunset Cemetery on West Broad Street in Prairie Township, Green Lawn Cemetery on the South Side, Forest Lawn Cemetery on East Broad Street, and Dublin Cemetery on West Bridge Street.