Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu February 13, 2014
Weekly Jobless Claims Increase
The Labor Department says the number of Ohioans filing first-time claims for unemployment insurance benefits rose by nearly 18 hundred last week, due to layoffs in manufacturing.
Ohio had the fifth-highest increase in the nation. The department says overall applications rose by 8 thousand last week to a seasonally-adjusted 339 thousand. The department says 3.52 million Americans received benefits as of January 25th, up from 3.47 million the previous week.