Most Active Stories
- Installation Brings Together Students, Arts and Academics
- Wittenberg University Student Killed In Crash
- SEC: Nationwide Insurance Pays 8 Million To Settle Mail Practices Claims
- Inspector General Finds $40,000 Missing From Lancaster Prison
- WCBE Presents Kodaline Live From Studio A Tues. May 19, 2015 @ 2PM!
Mon October 24, 2011
World Cafe Looks Back: Coldplay
Originally published on Tue April 17, 2012 10:01 am
Throughout the month of October, we celebrated the 20th anniversary of World Cafe and revisited some of the best and most memorable interviews of the past 20 years.
This week marks the release of Coldplay's fifth album, Mylo Xyloto, a raucous, electronically driven dance-rock record produced by experimental master Brian Eno. The band recently paid a visit to World Cafe to discuss the new album, which marks Coldplay's third trip to the studio in the last decade.
After listening to the newest session, we'll look back at Coldplay's past appearances on the show: a 2001 interview after the debut of Parachutes and a conversation from 2008, in honor of the Eno-produced Viva La Vida. Hearing these interviews, you can trace the band's maturation from an "inexperienced" group of college friends (who almost formed a boy band called "Pectoralz") to the Grammy-winning juggernaut it is today.
This segment originally aired on October 24, 2011.