Most Active Stories
- WCBE Evening Announcer Wayne Self Passes Away at 57
- Coleman Will Not Run Again; Speculation Begins On Mayoral Possibilities
- Local Taxpayer Money Approved For Promoting NHL All-Star Game, Developing "Food Action Plan"
- Preparations Underway To Mark Dayton Peace Accords Anniversary
- Columbus A Finalist To Host 2016 Democratic Convention
Tue September 3, 2013
World Cafe Next: Caroline Rose
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 2:59 pm
Singer-songwriter Caroline Rose grew up in Vermont the daughter of two artists, so it was never a far stretch to imagine she would become a performer herself. What is a little surprising is the grit in this young woman's performance. Turns out her mother is from the South, and there were many trips and exposures to Southern culture along the way. She started writing songs in her early teens hasn't stopped since, and most of her debut full-length, America Religious, was conceived on the road. It's a tough-sounding record from an artist to watch.