Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri May 31, 2013
Wright-Patt Civilian Workers Get Furlough Notices
Officials at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton say more than 10 thousand civilian employees will get furlough notices beginning Friday.
The furloughs are the result of the federal sequester cuts. Base officials initially estimated 13 thousand employees would be subject to furloughs, but they now say 22 hundred civil service workers will be exempt. And Nearly 2 thousand workers at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service office in Cleveland received furlough notices on Wednesday. Workers will lose one day a week for eleven weeks, starting July Second. Meanwhile officials at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force near Dayton have canceled the Giant Scale Radio-Controlled Model Aircraft Show and Family Days scheduled in July and August. Those events fall after furloughs begin for museum workers, but the facility will remain open daily.