Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed September 19, 2012
Zombies In The News: Living Dead To Help Liven Up A Counterterrorism Summit
There's no rest for the undead, it seems.
Zombies have been used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help spread tips about preparing for natural disasters. They've been "studied" by Canadian researchers trying to figure out the best way to respond to new, highly infectious diseases.
And they're constantly prowling the woods of Georgia for AMC's The Walking Dead.
Now, Army Times reports, zombies are going to be featured players next month at HALO Corp.'s "annual counterterrorism summit in San Diego, a five-day event providing hands-on training, realistic demonstrations, lectures and classes geared to more than 1,000 military personnel, law enforcement officials, medical experts, and state and federal government workers."
According to Army Times, "the zombies who roam the island will harass the troops, first-aid teams and medical responders participating." The idea is to "add some levity to the more dire scenarios summit-goers will encounter — incidents depicting active shooters inside a hospital or downed pilots trapped behind enemy lines, for instance."
(H/T to All Things Considered's Gerry Holmes.)