Amanda Berry

Cleveland Kidnapping Survivor Changes Name

May 2, 2014
Toledo Blade

One of the three women who survived a decade of captivity inside of a Cleveland home is changing her name.

Two of the three women held captive for a decade in a Cleveland house are collaborating with a Pulitzer Prize-winning team of Washington Post reporters to create a book about their ordeal.

The Cleveland home where three women were imprisoned for roughly a decade will be torn down on Wednesday.

Ariel Castro, the man convicted of holding three women captive in his Cleveland house over a decade has been sentenced to life in prison without parole, plus 1 thousand years.

Castro Pleads Guilty In Plea Bargain

Jul 26, 2013

A Cuayhoga County judge says the Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors.

Plea Deal Could Be In The Works For Ariel Castro

Jul 25, 2013

A plea deal could be in the works for a man charged with kidnapping three women and raping them in his Cleveland home for about a decade. 

Castro Back In Court

Jul 25, 2013

Attorneys for a Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for roughly a decade have told a judge plea bargain negotiations continue.

Ohio Crime Lab Processing Evidence In Castro Case

Jul 18, 2013

Ohio crime lab employees are working overtime to test evidence in the Ariel Castro case. 

Castro Enters Plea To Updated Indictment

Jul 18, 2013

The Cleveland man accused of kidnapping three women and holding them in his home for roughly a decade has pleaded not guilty to nearly one thousand criminal charges.

An Ohio man has completed his ten-day walk across the state to raise awareness of sexual abuse.

A judge has ordered the man charged with kidnapping three women and holding them in his Cleveland home for a decade undergo a mental health evalaution, over the objection of Cuayhoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty.

There is apparently no shortage of people who want to see the house where three once-missing Cleveland women were found alive.

Cleveland police and Cuayhoga County officials are launching a new initiative to find missing persons.

Castro To Plead Not Guilty

May 16, 2013

Attorneys for the man accused of kidnapping three Cleveland women and holding them for a decade say he plans to plead not guilty.

Some neighbors say Charles Ramsey's story of how he helped rescue the Cleveland kidnapping victims is false.

AG: Castro Not Linked To Other Crimes

May 14, 2013

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says no DNA evidence links the man accused of imprisoning three women in a Cleveland house for a decade to other crimes through a national database.

Castro Fathered Berry's Child

May 10, 2013

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says DNA tests confirm 52-year-old alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro is the father of Amanda Berry's 6-year-old daughter.

Judge Sets Bond For Ariel Castro

May 9, 2013

Bond was set this morning at 8 million dollars for 52-year-old Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man charged with rape and kidnapping two days after three women missing for roughly a decade were found at his home.

Charges Filed In Case Of Three Women Found This Week

May 9, 2013

Charges have been filed against a former Cleveland school bus driver in the case of three women found in his home earlier this week.

The FBI and Cleveland Police are defending themselves against allegations of shoddy work after three women missing for a decade were rescued from a home late Monday.

Pages