One of the three women who survived a decade of captivity inside of a Cleveland home is changing her name.
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections has agreed to reimburse Pickaway County taxpayers the 11 hundred dollar cost of the autopsy of Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro.
The state has released a final report on two high profile suicides by prison inmate earlier this year.
Two of the three women held captive for a decade in a Cleveland house are collaborating with a Pulitzer Prize-winning team of Washington Post reporters to create a book about their ordeal.
Two prison guards have been suspended after a report from the Ohio prisons department, which says Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro may not have intended to commit suicide. Ohio Public Radio’s Karen Kasler reports.
A final report by the Franklin County Coroner confirms Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro died by hanging himself in his prison cell.
The union representing Ohio prison guards says the scope of a state-commissioned review on inmate suicides is too narrow and does not address the broader issues affecting the state's prison system.
The union representing Ohio prison guards says the two corrections officers placed on leave during investigations into the suicide of Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro did nothing wrong.
The state says a prison inmate has committed suicide, the third case of an Ohio prisoner killing himself in two months.
Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro admitted to FBI agents that he abducted and raped the three young women he held captive for a decade.
Ohio corrections officials say Ariel Castro who held three women captive in his home for nearly a decade has committed suicide at a state prison facility.
There’s a proposal that would allow the state to sentence rapists to death without a murder charge.
The house Ariel Castro turned into a prison to hold three women captive for a decade is now gone.
The Cleveland home where three women were imprisoned for roughly a decade will be torn down on Wednesday.
Ariel Castro, the man convicted of holding three women captive in his Cleveland house over a decade has been sentenced to life in prison without parole, plus 1 thousand years.
A Cuayhoga County judge says the Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors.
A plea deal could be in the works for a man charged with kidnapping three women and raping them in his Cleveland home for about a decade.
Attorneys for a Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for roughly a decade have told a judge plea bargain negotiations continue.
Ohio crime lab employees are working overtime to test evidence in the Ariel Castro case.
The Cleveland man accused of kidnapping three women and holding them in his home for roughly a decade has pleaded not guilty to nearly one thousand criminal charges.