Volunteers are what make WCBE value to the community unlimited! We understand that everyone has something unique to contribute, and we offer a variety of ways you can assist. Experience is not necessary to volunteer, just enthusiasm and commitment.
Here are just a few ways you can volunteer at WCBE:
- Answer phones during our on-air fund raisers.
- Various clerical assignments for our membership department, such as data entry.
- Assist with mailings in our membership department.
- Assist with community event staffing such as our annual yard sale.
WCBE conducts on-air fund raiser several times a year. Volunteers are needed to answer telephones and take pledges for these events. Some volunteers are needed to do data entry.
- Groups of 6 volunteers are needed to help with pledge drives on 90.5 FM WCBE.
- All volunteers are thanked verbally on the air.
- Groups that provide the minimum number of volunteers needed will receive on-air promotion.
- Morning, day, evening and weekend hours are available.
- Training is provided at the start of each shift.
- Refreshments are always provided!
Throughout the year, WCBE may participate in or conduct special events in the community. Volunteers are always needed at these events doing various tasks.
For further information on any of the above topics or to become a volunteer, please contact the station's membership dept at 614.365.5555 or by email.
You may also contact our independent volunteer coordinator, Jon McKnight at email@example.com about additional volunteer opportunities.